Under general supervision, welds metal components together to fabricate or repair products, such as machine parts, plant equipment, motors and generators, according to layouts, blueprints or work orders, using brazing and a variety of arc and gas welding equipment
Welding/Fab Shop Manager
- Welds metal parts together using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes
- Performs thermal cutting and grinding
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes and increases size of metal parts
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding
- Weld components in flat, vertical or overhead positions
- Monitor the fitting, burning and welding processes to avoid over heating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion or expansion of material
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- May be required to pass employer performance tests or standard tests to meet certification standards of governmental agencies or professional and technical associations
- Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors
- Lay out, position, align and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straight edges, combination squares, calipers and rulers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Consistently demonstrates the skills of appropriate equipment and product selection
- Abilities to include, yet not limited to: arm-hand steadiness, control precision, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi-limb coordination, reading comprehension
- Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without becoming distracted
- Maintains knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Demonstrates proficiency in knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and costs
Education/Training and/or Special Qualifications:
An appropriate mix of education and experience which would allow the employee to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above; and at least 2 years of experience directly related to the essential functions as specified.
Physical Requirements and Environment:
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, bio-hazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 60%) of job.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- During customer site visits, exposure to wide variety of potential hazards that require following extensive, customer mandated safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Work includes the need for finger dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, multi-limb coordination and manual dexterity
Join Our Team!
LARON Incorporated, is looking for safe, skilled, motivated, enthusiastic and energetic people who value quality to work in the dynamic industry of: machining, fabrication, millwright services, electrical equipment repair and manufacturing, new equipment sales, and predictive maintenance. Laron is the industry leader – “Excellence in Quality and Service”.
Laron is an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), which means as a valued employee you become a shareholder. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Paid Time off and more.
LARON is a Drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workforce. If you are interested in any career opportunities at LARON, please start the employment process by clicking on the desired job posting title.