The Purchasing Agent makes purchase commitments of goods and services as required by the Company’s operations in accordance with established requisition and authorized approval procedures. This position evaluates and selects uppliers, negotiates prices, and expedites deliveries to ensure that the Company receives goods and services at the required specifications and quality levels in the time frame needed, generally at the lowest price which satisfies these requirements. This position is based in Kingman, Arizona and works closely with another Purchasing Agent in Phoenix. Both Purchasing Agents provide interchangeable purchasing support for all of the Laron facilities, including the Kingman Shop, the Phoenix Shop, Salt Lake City, Field Services, and the Tucson warehouse as required from time-to-time. The orientation of Laron is to provide a high level of service to its customers. The broad scope of functions require the individual in this position to provide a high degree of responsiveness, customer service, and work ethic, which normally entail a work week of 50 hours or more and the ability to respond from home as necessary.
Administrative Support Workers
Chief Financial Officer
Provide support and assistance to the Purchasing function for the following:
- Locate suppliers of materials, supplies, vehicles, and services, and perform appropriate screening and selection procedures.
- Review pricing, specifications, and delivery requirements to identify the supplier able to provide the indicated goods and services at a competitive price, which meet the specifications, delivery timeframe, and any other requirements. Under these constraints, negotiate with suppliers for the lowest price possible.
- Ensure compliance that purchase commitments follow the Company’s terms & conditions and insurance requirements, except under approved exceptions.
- Perform expediting procedures as required to ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Ensure that MTR’s and other required documentation is received from suppliers.
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities.
- Investigate and resolve invoice discrepancies and claims against suppliers.
- Institute and oversee procedures to maintain accurate perpetual inventories of steel plate, welding wire, and other materials.
- Implement Laron Vendor Quality Improvement Program.
- Install and monitor purchasing procedures to maintain appropriate internal controls which serve to minimize purchasing errors, waste, and prevent fraud.
- Obtain and maintain records of insurance certificates, W-9’s, and applicable licenses.
- Assist Company managers in monitoring expense levels against budget.
- Provide back-up support to the Planners in making travel and hotel arrangements for crews working away from home.
- Assist in problem resolution with vendor invoices.
- Update and maintain vendor data.
- Perform timely identification of differences between the costs of materials and contracted services for customer jobs as indicated in the Company’s quotations versus actual.
- Support Company management on special projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Upon proper instruction must be able to:
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years of experience performing the purchasing functions outlined above, which include direct experience purchasing industrial materials and services, although other comparable background may be considered.
- Prior purchasing experience requiring some mechanical level of understanding is preferred.
- Ability to understand unit of measure conversions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Education/Training and/or Special Qualifications:
Prefer a minimum of 5 years of experience performing the purchasing functions outlined above, which include direct experience purchasing industrial materials and services, although other comparable background may be considered.
Physical Requirements and Environment:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Work requires sitting for an extended period of time in front of a computer
- May be susceptible to eye strain
- May be susceptible to repetitive motion injuries
- Light physical effort, (lifting file boxes and supplies up to 20 lbs), typical of any office environment, required
- No, or very limited, exposure to physical risk
- Work week is generally 50 hours or more as necessary
Join Our Team!
LARON Incorporated, is looking for safe, skilled, motivated, enthusiastic and energetic people who value quality to work in the dynamic industry of: machining, fabrication, millwright services, electrical equipment repair and manufacturing, new equipment sales, and predictive maintenance. Laron is the industry leader – “Excellence in Quality and Service”.
Laron is an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), which means as a valued employee you become a shareholder. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Paid Time off and more.
LARON is a Drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workforce. If you are interested in any career opportunities at LARON, please start the employment process by clicking on the desired job posting title.