Under general supervision, installs machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings in industrial establishment or at customer locations, using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools.
Field Service Manager
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Connect power unit to machines or steam piping to equipment, and test unit to evaluate its mechanical operation.
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Position steel beams to support bedplates of machines and equipment, using blueprints and schematic drawings, to determine work procedures.
- Signal crane operator to lower basic assembly units to bedplate, and align unit to centerline.
- Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools.
- Repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Troubleshooting — Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Equipment Maintenance — Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining
when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm,
or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Multi limb Coordination — The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms,
two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve
performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness — The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm
or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Selective Attention — The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to
choose the best solution and solve problems
- Repairing and Maintaining Mechanical Equipment — Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and
testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of
mechanical (not electronic) principles.
- Consistently demonstrates the work qualities of, yet not limited to: attention to detail,
dependability, cooperation, persistence and self control
Education/Training and/or Special Qualifications:
An appropriate mix of education and experience which would allow the employee to obtain
the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above; and at least 2 years of experience directly
related to the essential functions as specified.
Physical Requirements and Environment:
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures,
toxic chemicals, bio-hazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling
required of objects up to 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that
require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective
- During customer site visits, exposure to wide variety of potential hazards that require
following extensive, customer mandated safety precautions and may include the use of
- Work includes the need for finger dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, multi-limb coordination
and manual dexterity
Join Our Team!
LARON Incorporated, is looking for safe, skilled, motivated, enthusiastic and energetic people who value quality to work in the dynamic industry of: machining, fabrication, millwright services, electrical equipment repair and manufacturing, new equipment sales, and predictive maintenance. Laron is the industry leader – “Excellence in Quality and Service”.
Laron is an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), which means as a valued employee you become a shareholder. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Paid Time off and more.
LARON is a Drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workforce. If you are interested in any career opportunities at LARON, please start the employment process by clicking on the desired job posting title.