Under general supervision diagnose, adjust, repair, install, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, such as cranes, bulldozers, graders and conveyors.
Mechanical Shop Leadman
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts
- Dismantle and re-assemble equipment using hoists and hand tools
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers specifications
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints and technical drawings
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency
- Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers or gauges
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean, lubricate and adjust parts, equipment and machinery
- Record repairs and maintenance performed
- Servicing, repairing, adjusting and testing machines, devices, moving parts and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Repairing – Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Mathematics – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics and their applications
- Troubleshooting – Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it
- Equipment Selection — Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Equipment Maintenance – Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Gathering Information – Observe, receive and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources
- Work Styles – ability to effectively demonstrate consistency with attention to detail, dependability, initiative, integrity, analytical thinking, persistence, independence, achievement and cooperation
Education/Training and/or Special Qualifications:
An appropriate mix of education and experience which would allow the employee to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above; and at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Physical Requirements and Environment:
- Work is normally performed in an indoor shop
- Work requires continual standing, hearing, vision with frequent handling and occasional carrying, crouching, kneeling, lifting, pulling, reaching, twisting and walking
- May be susceptible to eye strain.
- May be susceptible to repetitive motion injuries.
- Physical effort may include lifting up to 50 pounds as needed
- Exposure to physical risk may include confined spaces, electrical shock, fumes, gases, dust, odors, moving parts, radiant energy, slippery or uneven surfaces and vibration.
Join Our Team!
LARON Incorporated, is looking for safe, skilled, motivated, enthusiastic and energetic people who value quality to work in the dynamic industry of: machining, fabrication, millwright services, electrical equipment repair and manufacturing, new equipment sales, and predictive maintenance. Laron is the industry leader – “Excellence in Quality and Service”.
Laron is an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), which means as a valued employee you become a shareholder. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Paid Time off and more.
LARON is a Drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workforce. If you are interested in any career opportunities at LARON, please start the employment process by clicking on the desired job posting title.