A Technical Service Representative with the company is responsible for the sale of company services and products, which includes, but is not limited to, activities such as:
- accurately representing the service capability and products of the company
- working with customers to understand and solve customer issues
- providing justification for the customer to use the company’s services and products (closing the sale).
- developing, maintaining and in some cases repairing customer relationships
Service Representatives are typically the initial and primary point of contact with customers, prospective customers and customer representatives including managers, financial department representatives and often vendor representatives.
Craft First/Mid-Level Officials & Managers
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Service Representative reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CEO will provide performance appraisal, goal setting information and the required support to the Service Representatives. The nature of the Service Representative’s work requires the representative to be a self-starter, work independently, relate well to all levels of customer organizations and in many cases work in unfamiliar environments. Service Representatives are required to travel extensively. All such travel should be done in company vehicles at company expense.
- A successful Service Representative has a high degree of professional independence and must possess/exercise a strong professional desire to seek out, consider and recommend solutions to problems in the customer’s work environment. Problems may or may not be evident to the customer and are frequently brought to light through the curiosity of the Service Representative and fully defined through a cooperative dialogue with a customer representative and/or other company experts.
- The Service Representative is expected to be proactive in the identification of customer needs and in the development of solutions. A high level of Mechanical and Problem Solving aptitude is essential.
- The Service Representative will normally be responsible for identification of customer needs, raising customer awareness, the development of quotations for the work, identifying the scope of proposed work to the production group, following the work progress and working in collaboration with production managers and the company accounting personnel in preparing/approving billing for the customer’s work accomplished.
- In situations where customers are dissatisfied with service and/or warranty issues arrive, the service representatives will be primarily responsible for ensuring the customer relationship is maintained/restored.
- The company provides a full spectrum of industrial services to heavy industrial operators such as power generation plants, mining operations, manufacturing plants, agricultural operations, public works plants and large facilities. Service Representatives are expected to act in the role of technical advocate for the customer and as such must have aptitude, experience and/or technical expertise in the design, installation, maintenance, repair and/or operation of heavy industrial equipment. This position will have a primary focus of representing Mechanical, Fabrication, and Machining aspects of Industrial Service work and will therefore need experience and expertise in one or more of the mentioned service areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Service Representatives are expected to be proficient in several computer applications, which include Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Dynamics and the custom applications including the company designed quoting system.
Credentials and Experience:
An appropriate mix of education and experience which would allow the employee to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above; and at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
Physical Requirements and Environment:
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, bio-hazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- During customer site visits, exposure to wide variety of potential hazards that require following extensive, customer mandated safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
Join Our Team!
LARON Incorporated, is looking for safe, skilled, motivated, enthusiastic and energetic people who value quality to work in the dynamic industry of: machining, fabrication, millwright services, electrical equipment repair and manufacturing, new equipment sales, and predictive maintenance. Laron is the industry leader – “Excellence in Quality and Service”.
Laron is an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), which means as a valued employee you become a shareholder. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Paid Time off and more.
LARON is a Drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workforce. If you are interested in any career opportunities at LARON, please start the employment process by clicking on the desired job posting title.