Under general supervision, fits and assembles structural frameworks and housings from materials, such as angle iron, I-beams, and plate steel, using hand tools and welding equipment and following blueprint specifications.
Field Service Manager
- Examines blueprints and materials list to obtain parts specifications
- Lays out part dimensions on work table, using square, chalk line and soapstone
- Tack-welds scrap metal to outline to provide jig for assembly
- Position parts in jig and files, chisels and grinds parts, as indicated, to fit them together
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- May heat parts with acetylene torch and bend them in vice, on anvil or around stakes mounted in table
- Periodically compares dimensions of assembly to blueprint specifications, using square, rule and calipers
- May anneal parts with acetylene torch to remove stresses of welding
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills to include, yet not limited to: equipment selection, equipment maintenance, operation monitoring, quality control analysis, active listening, and reading comprehension
- Ability to demonstrate arm-hand steadiness, manual dexterity, trunk strength, finger dexterity, problem sensitivity and performance of general physical activities
- Work styles should demonstrate consistency and effectiveness with attention to detail, dependability, cooperation, self control, persistence and initiative
Education/Training and/or Special Qualifications:
An appropriate mix of education and experience which would allow the employee to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above; and at least 2 years of experience directly related to the essential functions as specified.
Physical Requirements and Environment:
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, bio-hazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 60%) of job.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
Join Our Team!
LARON Incorporated, is looking for safe, skilled, motivated, enthusiastic and energetic people who value quality to work in the dynamic industry of: machining, fabrication, millwright services, electrical equipment repair and manufacturing, new equipment sales, and predictive maintenance. Laron is the industry leader – “Excellence in Quality and Service”.
Laron is an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), which means as a valued employee you become a shareholder. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Paid Time off and more.
LARON is a Drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workforce. If you are interested in any career opportunities at LARON, please start the employment process by clicking on the desired job posting title.